Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjcrew3

MIS
Oct 19, 2007
hope someone will be able to answer this, i am kinds new to this area for now. i have domain setup as example.local with Exchange. I want to know how does this domain able to function on Exchange with a different extension from the mail coming from @myexample.com.

[google]Excahnge 2003 recipient policies[/google]

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP

sorry, the info on my post was misleading. i am trying to setup Exchange on the current domain, which going to a different extension for the mail of the users. How is that going to work or maike it work?

Domain Structure: example.local
Exchange: *@myexample.com

thanks

See my original post

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP

What he's trying to say is that you set up an Exchange recipient policy for your email domain. The recipient update policy defines which email domains Exchange will accept mail for.

Since you don't know how to do it, I think it's best if you to Google it, and understand how to do it before you start.

If you just read it here, set it up and it doesn't work for some reason you may have a #&#%¤ of a time correcting it.

Just one thing. Exchange and DNS are best of friends.
90 percent of Exchange problems (I think) is related to DNS so read up on how it works =)

It's Not that I' don't want to tell you how to do it, but I've seen this question on other forums and the thread never ends with follow up problems.

Patrik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back