Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Public Folder Db removal / woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredmartinmaine

IS-IT--Management
Mar 23, 2015
US
I'm attempting to decommission Exchange 2010. We have one public folder DB, which at the moment contains no folders in either 'Default Public Folders' or 'System Public Folders'.
When I try to remove the Public Folder DB, it says there are replicas, so can't. When I try to query the PF DB in any way in Exchange Power Shell, I get errors:
No existing 'PublicFolder' matches the following Identity: '\'
I'm in an apparent catch-22 here. Intent is to un-install Exchange 2010, leaving nothing behind in Active Directory. Then will shut down the machine for good. Am trying not to leave any Exchange orphans in AD.
Any comments would be appreciated.
Fred

I'm thinking now this has something to do with having already removed the mailboxes and mailbox databases for all users including Administrator.

When I browse to the attributes mentioned in the above article, they are indeed empty. Perhaps public folders should have been removed first? In any case, I'm not sure what values to supply.

As you have already deleted theaccounts and profile, the Public folder will not get deleted as there it cannot find its root path,You can go ahead and simply remove the Office 2010 and there should be no residue of the same on the AD.

Adrian G,
Hosted QuickBooks and 0ffice 365 Migration Expert

All you need to do is use ADSIEdit to delete the public folder database. Then you'd be able to uninstall without it balking.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back