Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange/Outlook name resolution query

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaketo

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2002
GB
At the request of one of my users, I have created Custom Recipients for all of the clients she mails regularly and put them into DLs etc. Much more manageable than using Contacts in Outlook and all very nice.

My query is as follows -

After I had created the Custom Recipients, I was expecting the Display Names on all of the mails she had previously received from these clients in her Outlook Inbox to re-resolve themselves to the new Display Name of the relevant Custom Recipient, but this has blatantly not happened.

I've done some testing and confirmed this. Basically I was expecting this Name Resolution to be dynamic but it appears it is not - the Display Name on the mail is set to the Display Name on the Custom Recipent/Mailbox at the time the mail arrived.

Can anyone think of a way to change this, as having mails from the same client but with two Display Names is confusing my user? It doesn't even need to be dynamic - a method of perhaps resubmitting all the mails through the Exchange server to re-resolve the Display Names would be just as good.

Any ideas welcome!

Cheers

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back