Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exchange on web

Status
Not open for further replies.

telep

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2005
IT
we have 2 synchronized exchange server on our lan, but only one is accessible trough internet.
where did i wrong? :-(
each server admins a group of accounts.
on web, if i try to open an account managed by 1st server, it's all ok. but if i try to open an account managed by 2nd server, i receive an error messagge on IE.

Unless you have a Front End Server to act as a gateway to the two backend servers, then you will just need to give your users on the second box a seperate URL to access that server directly.

You can verify OWA works on it internally by accessing

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

how can i assign a seperate url to access 2nd server?

internally both servers work.

Add another NAT on your firewall to one of your spare public IP addresses. This should NAT the public IP to the second Exchange Server private IP. Once you can get a login using then get in touch with your internet DNS host and ask them to add a Host (A) record to your domain which maps to the new public IP address. You can specify anything like owa2.yourdomain.com or webmail2.yourdomain.com - whatever. Once this works then secure your OWA with SSL using this hostname when applying for the cert.

Muchos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back