Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Migration 5.5 to Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikpa

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2004
US
This has probably been asked before but I spent about 45mins searching on this site but couldn't find it so pardon my asking again.
Is there any documentation anyone can point me to on how to migrate from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. I want to start off fresh not do an in place migration but build a new server and install exchange and then migrate the mailboxes but need step by step instructions on how to do this.
Also I want to load balance two exchange 2003 servers what is the best way to do this. Can this be achieved within the exchange application or within Microsoft operating system or is there any other way I am not presently aware of. Thanks all. I really appreciate it
Ikpa

Do you want to truly load balance or create an Exchange cluster? If the latter, be aware that the cluster maintenance is sometimes more work than having a warn spare server ready to go in the event of catastrophic failure.

Andyman
help me here :) what is the difference in clustering and load balance
Ikpa

thread955-967348

Marc [santa2]
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
Don't forget to shop @ for Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back