Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Maximum Database Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexellis

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2003
GB
Hi all

My Exchange 5.5 server has gone down erroring about the Information store size which has exceded 16gb, it would appear that we have the standard version of exchange 5.5 so I do not have a copy of the SRVMAX.exe file, is there anywhere else I can get this file or will I need to go to Microsoft.

I also tried to run the defrag to get some space back, but it adds the temp file to the same disk that the edb files are on and so errors running out of space very quickly, is there another way of running this.

Please help !!!!!

Alex

There is no other way. If you have let it go past the warnings and shut it down, then I think you are stuck. You need to buy an Enterprise license and run svrmax off the CD. When you do, there is a bug you need to know about. It may hang on you with no error and little visible activity. Start task manager and close down the xcopy process. It will then continue. The whole process takes about 30 seconds when it runs correctly.
I have a copy of the CD, but I am in Australia and you would need to prove you have a license for it before I copied it. I am unsure as to how else you get a copy of an obsolete product officially. Somebody else here may know. If you are really stuck post back here for me.

Thanks for your response Trackhappy, I have been on the Microsoft Knowledge base and have found you can defragment the database on another machine and move the files back, I am in the process of trying this and praying to god it will work,

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back