Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Mailbox Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

eugene66

MIS
Apr 1, 2002
MY
I have a question with regards to exchange Mailbox.
We implement a 12MB limitation warning and 20MB limitation to stops the mailbox.
So far our users have been keeping their mailbox to minimal size (deleting unnecessary emails).
There is one user that gets the limitation warning but she has already deleted ALL emails from her mailbox (from her PC).However, when I check her mailbox (on the server), it register a 17MB usage! I tried CLEANING her mailbox but the 17MB usage is still there.
Can I physically open a mailbox from the server and check what is in the mailbox?

items that affect the storage limit include Journal, Notes, Contacts, Inbox, Deleted Items, Sent Items, and any additional subfolders. Have you checked all of those? And, no, you need a client to open the mailbox...

Go to her PC and choose Tools Options. Check journalling. Its usually the culprit. Turn it off for all apps and delete all journal entries. Unless you really need them of course...

If she has Outlook 2k, do a folder size on her mailbox and it'll tell you where the size is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back