Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Mailbox Limits 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

houghl

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2001
GB
We have Exchange server 5.5 with a 40gb IS and around 5000 mailboxes. In the past we have allowed for various people to have their mailbox limits changed from the default IS limits. This was ok at the time and still is. Apart from we now need to start lowering size of the IS and so we want to perform an audit to see a) who is on the default IS limits, b) who has custom mailbox limits, and c) what those custom limits are. If you know a way of listing a),b), or c) or if your a hero and can do all 3 please post.

I have seen the additional fields which show you who is in breach of their limits but this doesnt satisfy our requirements.

Thankyou for your time

Cystal reports will give you all the info you need and more. But unfortunately there is a ££££ / $$$$ amount involed :(

Iain

We have crystal in the information department, maybe its time to give them some work how does crystal hook into the exchange IS though?

I shall research on the web, but if youve done it and its fairly easy please post

PS we can restore a backup of the IS to a DR box i guess it would be better running th ereport on this DR box rather than the live?

Forget Crystal Reports, a) b) and c) are all availble via a simple directory export of the server. Make a header file with the usual fields and add 'Use IS defaults','Issue warning storage limit','Prohibit send storage limit',and 'DXA-Task'. Export and view in Excel. Job done.

Excellent thanks zbnet i shall crack on with this am on Friday the 13th aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yes

Thanks alot it gave us all the info we wanted perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back