Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Instant Messenger is slow 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2002
BE
Hi,

For more then over a year we have been using the Instant Messaging service of exchange in our organization. Since last week it started getting really slow. Signing in isn't a problem but the dialogue itself has almost a 15 second delay. I tried almost anything from reapplying the latest service pack (3), reinstalling the IM option of exchange, reconfigure the IM-server, disable and enabling users... You name it. The exchange server is also the PDC and is running on SP4, which I also reapplied as well. Terminating the antivirus service doesn't affect the delay either.

Has anyone encountered this problem before, our even better, solved it?? Thx!!

Sense.

I have this problem as well, It has developed in the last couple of weeks. I do not have an fix yet but if you have found one since posting this problem I would like to hear it. Also I will post a fix if I can find one.

It seemed that there were some changes made to our DNS-records. Maybe you should those too because after reinstalling DNS and settings the neccesary records the problem was solved.

Sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back