Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange IIS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

grebnetso

IS-IT--Management
Dec 15, 2005
US
My exchange server's System Attendant won't start and I'm seeing the following error's in my event log.

Event ID:1011 Source:W3SVC
A process serving application pool 'ExchangeApplicationPool' suffered a fatal communication error with the World Wide Web Publishing Service. The process is was '9440'. The data field contains the error number.

Event ID=2114 Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=7272). Topology discovery failed, error 0x8007077f.

Event ID:1000
Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0. fault address 0x62f35006.

From what I've been able to gather this seems like I messed up my IIS with something. I'm also getting a failure to start mad.exe so pretty much unable to connect to my directory service. Any idea's on what I need to do to fix the problem? If my IIS is indeed corrupted can I just reinstall IIS to fix the problem with exchange or will I need to try and restore the metabase information for IIS? I don't have current backups of the metabase but I do have backups of all the information on the server. Thanks in advance.

Actually, I have number of exchange server 2003 problems:

1. My current exchange server is a DC running windows server 2003. I noticed that it's running out of resources therefore I connected another server to the DC and installed microsoft exchange server 2003 and AD. After that I moved the mailboxes to the new server, and configured the client software to get the emails from the new server, but whenever I open and the client software (microsoft outlook 2003), I get a login window to the new server; though I enter the proper username and password it keeps displaying the window and never logs me in. So I moved the mailboxes back to the old server.

2. My old exchange server is down, whenever I restart the server. Therefore, I have to restart the server some 5-6 times to make the exchange server up. What could be the reason?

3. I use IGetmail to distribute emails to individual mailboxes. Sometimes, I see that N number of emails received for Mr. X's mailbox in the IGetmail logfile, but all or some of the emails never reach the individual mailbox in the client's computer. Is there a way to check whether they are actually received? How could this problem be fixed?

4. As of yesterday when I create a new user with email account using AD, the user's mailbox is not displayed in the exchange server mailbox store. I tried to restart the server, dismount and mount the mail storage group, but nothing happens. What could be the problem?

5. We have ADSL for internet connection. Our router is connected to the switch of the local network. As of yesterday the internet very much slows down or dies and no one gets access to the internet, if our DC (with the exchange server) is connected to the network. Whenever I disconnect this sever from the network all the other clients browse the internet fine. What could be the reason?

Your prompt response will be more than appreciated; As you see our whole system is malfunctioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back