Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange errors after domain name change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2003
US
I've got a server with Small Business Server 2000 on it, and it worked fine out of the box. I setup a test domain and got everything to work great (Exchange, ect).

Well, then I used dcpromo to change the domain name of the server, and now everything is all messed up. Exchange won't work, and I can't re-install or remove Exchange due to errors.

When I try to remove Exchange through SBS setup, I get an unspecified error in Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Service.

When I try to re-install Exchange I get this error:

The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Reinstall" because:
-The Active Directory schema is not up-to-date. You must run setup with the "/ForestPrep" switch. If you have already done this with the current version of Setup, then you must wait for replication to complete.
-The local domain configuration is not up-to-date. You must run setup with te "/DomainPrep" switch wihtin this domain. If you have already done this with the current version of Setup, then you must wait for replication to complete.

I do not know how to run the setup with the "ForestPrep" and "DomainPrep" switches. This is the only domain controller in this domain (the only computer period right now), so there are no other domains, or DC to replicate with. How do I run setup with the "ForestPrep" and "DomainPrep" switches? Is that what I may need to do?

Thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back