Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Error to all user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qphan

MIS
Jan 16, 2004
US
We're keep getting this error every morning when our users login to Outlook.

"Your Microsoft Exchange Server is Unvailable"
"Microsoft Outlook" Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer.

The only happen in the morning. Once they're connected then it's ok for the rest of the day.

Any idea why this happen? I'm not sure if it got to do with the configuration on our Cisco switch or this is the exchange issue.

Thanks in advance

What's your OS & Outlook version? I have users running WinXP & Outlook2002, and they are getting similar errors during the day whenever their laptop comes back from sleep mode. Are your computers maybe going to sleep instead of shutting down at night?

When they come back from sleep, they receive this message plus a 2nd (big) message box:
There was a problem reading one or more of your reminders. Some reminders may not appear. Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer.

Sounds like the Power management settings for those machines are set to trun the Nic card off.

Tim

hi ive got the very same problem with some compaq deskpros running win 98 and office 2k. sign on network, open outlook, sits for a few mins, no activity then the message saying couldnt connet, retry 2 or 3 times then connect and be fine all day.
I can connect to the same mailbox on another pc and its fine, but have this problem with all the deskpros!! very strange and if anyone has any ideas would be good!

not much help for original problem i am afraid tho i guess
BenC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back