Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exchange E8562 failed to receive data from the database agent ec=10054

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbroo

MIS
Mar 26, 2003
US
One of our tech forgot the insert the second tape for a exchange info. store backup last week and the job timed out. After that the job would fail every night and it is giving us this error ( e8562 failed to receive data from the database agent ec=10054. I have totally removed and reinstalled every arcserve app. This server is the second node of a cluster, which is not the server connected to the info store. This backup has run for months without a hitch until last week.Has anyone seen this error before?

I actually got the answer from Arcserve. The problem was a registry key which needed to be reset.
Hkey local machine/software/computerassociates/arcsere/dsagent/current/version/agent/dbaexch- changed from a 1 to 0. Stop and restart the Backup agent RPC server service. Thats for all the help anyway!!!!

Hey Garbroo,

What was your fix? The above post doesn't have full reg path and i have the same problem, cheers.

Hi,
i tried with follow change:
i changed the entries "Em" and "UseTCP" from 1 to 0
and then the backup-job started.

go to the reg key
/hkey local machine/software/computer associates/arcserve/dsagent/current version/agent/
and change the dbaexch value from 1 to 0. Then stop and restart the backup agent RPC server service.

Garbroo the reg path you've given is almost right, but I still don't know the value to change?

The reg path is
"/hkey local machine/software/computer associates/arcserve/dsagent/current version/agent/DBexch" which Value under this Key do I change?

Above Plagge2 says to change the TCP & EM Values, are those what you mean too?

Sorry about that the key is in the agent\dbaexch folder. The key to change is "UseTCP:REG_DWORD:1". I changed this from a "1" to a "0" "UseTCP:REG_DWORD:0" and then shut down and restarted the service and my backups have not had an issue in months. I hope this works for you? Let me know.

Gary B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back