Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Drive M Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDluhy

IS-IT--Management
Jun 2, 2003
US
Is there a way to change permissions on the mailboxes listed in exchange's M: drive so the administrator can view the contents of the mailbox? I'm a school administrator who needs to check on students activities.

don't use the M: drive for this. change the permissions via AD Users and Computers.

And keep in mind you are not supposed to look into anyones email, it is considered a breach of privacy.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Its not a breach of privacy for students. The students waive all rights when issued an email address.

As long as it is in writing. just wanted to warn you.

Thanks marcs41 for the heads up but yes they sign a waiver. Hey Brontosarus - where is AD is that option??

Thanks again

You give the admin full rights to all mailboxes in AD, that way, you can open any mailbox as if it were your own.

yeah, and make sure you have Advanced Features checked off under View so you see all the Exchange Tabs...

Thanks brontosaurus that works perfect. I never saw that option there prior to you answer. Thanks again!

I'm not sure if it was clear before, but don't do anything with the M drive. Don't check their email that way. Forget you ever saw an M drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back