Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange directory service keeps stopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

legalbeagle

Technical User
Apr 22, 2001
GB
Can someone help explain why the exchange directory service appears to stop without warning or reason, stacking up hundreds of messages in the MTA queue. They will only clear if I stop all exchange services and then start them all again. They all stack up in the Private Information Store. Most of them are Directory Service messages- presumeably replication messages from the other servers-

This is a problem which has started without any real reason. I have run the MTACHECK utility but that says everything is OK. We did add a new server recently but the fact that the problem arises at the main server, and it will clear when the service is restarted, suggests that something else is causing the service to stop. Can anyone help? I am being driven Mad!!

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back