Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange default stationary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barneye

MIS
Mar 5, 2002
US
Can I create a Stationary for MS outlook 2003 and load it in exchange and force all comany employees to use it as their default stationary?

I *think* you can set that in a GPO if you're using the .adm files from the resource kit. But I have to ask - why in God's name would you force people to use stationary?

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Want to know how email works? Read for yourself -

We are using stationary to display a banner in the email, for informational purposes, new products, current specials and User information. Now I have to load the stationary on every machine each time we change it. I have over 50 users and it is quite a task.

I saw the GPO ability to specify a default stationary, but can it load a file from a central location on the network?

Wouldn't a third party disclaimer application make more sense? Something like exclaimer or GFI's Mail Essentials. This would be centrally administered.

Why would I want to spend more money on software if Exchange and Outlook can do what I need?

Maybe because you'd have more granularity. You'd have more options. It would work with OWA. It would work for uses who send in PLAIN TEXT.

Plenty of reasons why you'd want a third party product that was designed to do what you want rather than use some feature that won't work more than it will because it's a work-around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back