Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Database Backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITDOD

MIS
May 28, 2002
GB
I am trying to back up our exchange 2000 databases from another server via the network using arcserve 2000.

I believe that I have set up the account to be used with the arcserve exchange agent correctly as I can run the brick level part of the backup without problems.

My issue is that when I modify an existing backup job or create a new one I am unable to expand the "Microsoft Exchange Server" part of the backup(I can select it but when the job runs it just ignores this part of the job and doesn't try to carry out the db backup)

Both the servers are windows 2000 sp4 with all relevant hotfixes/updates installed for operating system and arcserve/arcserve exchange agent.

Hopefully someone can offer some advise to where I am going wrong as this is becoming a pain.

Two suggestions:
1) Re-install
2) Enable debug for the agent and check the trace. See faq478-4051 for details on how to enable debug.

If you are running Exchange 2000, the Icon should read MS Information Store and not MS Exchange server. Exchange 2000 was not immediately supported with ARCserve 2000, you will need to make sure you have the agent that supports Exchange 2000. Simply applying SP4 will not look for what version of exchange you have.

Hi,

Download SP3 for ARCsreve 2000.. extract it...
install the Exchagne agent from Exchange.dbs folder.

this will support Exchnage 2000/

Cheers
Speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back