Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange client prompted for password after profile corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSPG

MIS
May 2, 2008
US
Hey everyone, I'm pulling my hair out here. I have a user who couldn't log in this morining and eventually locked his account. I reset his pw and unlocked the account but when he logged back in, he received a new/default user profile. Checking the user profiles (in the system properties tab) revealed that his account had been corrupted and was listed as "Unknown Account". I copied all of his old profile items into his new profile (except ntuser.dat files).

Now, when he opens Outlook, he gets a dialog asking him for his username and password, which his current and previous credentials won't work.

Here's some other relevent info. His user account is in another forest. Many users are configured like he is and everyone else is connecting successfully. Last night this particular user was part of a mailbox migration that was supposed to move his mailbox to an Exchange 2003 server in his home domain/forest...but it failed (I wasn't included and didn't participate in the migration process). Several other users failed as well, but none were impacted and they remained on the old server.

Any ideas? Sounds like a certification type question, doesn't it? Sadly, it's real life :(

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back