Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange cannot find recipient

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSinister

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2002
GB
Dear All...
this is the problem, hope someone can help.
Running exch2k, everything was working fine until some users started having profile errors.
One of my colleagues set up a new user accountfor an existing user in AD and hence the exchange account respectively.
Well in the meantime, i managed to fix the profiles issue so he deleted the new account he had created incl the mailbox (i am told).
What happens now is that when u request a meeting for this user, he does get the request which he can accept&decline but it also gets sent to the new address that was created and you get the message
"The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address."
Is there any way to stop this from occuring ?

In Active Directory under the users profile, on his E-mail Address tab, you see his correct email address. Correct?
If so or not, try to create a new address for him and be sure its a SMTP. Does it error out? Already created? What happens?

Yes, he has the correct email address in AD under exchange settings, another has been created which is still ok and one is set to his primary.
The account that brings up the error is not in exchange settings in AD for this user which is very confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back