Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

cshake

MIS
Jul 18, 2000
US
We have two locations, one in the Eastern Time Zone and One in Central Time Zone. We have a "Company" calendar in a shared public folder where we schedule meetings. When you schedule and "All Day Event" it does not display the entry correctly in the "other" time zone. It has the event starting and stopping on the same day in the time zone where it was created and starting on one day and finishing on the next in the next time zone. This makes an event display on two days in one locations. Is there any way to stop this?

Sorry, I have no solution, but have a *similar* problem. After a failed HDD, I reloaded NT, and restored Exchange from backup. Everything works fine except calendar events. They will not be displayed on client systems. It shows the events if you search, but the startdate and enddate is 'none', which causes them to not be displayed in calendar. Any suggestions as to what the problem may be? It is Exchange 5.5 (SBS 4.5) and Outlook 2000 on the client systems. Exchange SP3 has been tried, but to no avail. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Jahlmer

I don't know if this is applicable, but I had similar problems with Outlook98. Outlook98 cached a copy of the server based calendar to a local .ost file. This is what is displayed in the client, and any changes are periodically uploaded to the server calendar. However, this synchronisation doesn't always work, so that the all entries are stored in a .ost file, while the server based calendar is empty. If the mail profile is changed, or the .ost is inaccessible, calendar entries are lost. I know this doesn't help you retrieve the calendar, but it may explain where the entries have gone. Hope this is some use.

Cshake,
I ran across an issue with clock sync and greenwich mean time. Take a look at knowledgebase article PSS ID Number: Q243644 this may be the answer your looking for. Hope it helps.
-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back