Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Backups - AE0016 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbwarrior

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2001
PT
Hi everybody,

Without no reason, my Exchange Brick Level backups have started to give me some problems. The current multiple error messages are:

"AE0016 Unexpected return from FindFirstFile API. Unable to backup files after (FILE=Dñz•+øw 9øwÿÿÿÿTñz@·üwH, EC=2,The system cannot find the file specified."

and

"AE0016 Unexpected return from FindFirstFile API. Unable to backup files after (FILE=D:\Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\E0004517.log, EC=2,The system cannot find the file specified. )"

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Carlos

Are you backing this server up across the network, or does this server have its own tape drive?

Are you using ARCserve 2000 with SP4? Have you done a chkdsk of the disks yet to see if there may be corruption at the filesystem level?

Yes, I'm backing up the server across the network and have SP4 installed.

I haven't check the disks, but I will do it.

Thanks,
Carlos

Guys,

check the backup job and see if you are backing up the M drive...

If so deselect the M: drive from the Backup...

Cheers
Speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

I have seen the FindFirstFile problem with network backups that are running very slow (less than 8MB/min). What kind of throughput are you getting.

Speshalyst, there is no mention of an M: drive, or this running Citrix/TS.

Looks like you get this error on an Exchange Transaction log.

Are you doing a static backup of the Exchange server???

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Drive M:, is not selected and I´m doing a dynamic backup.

The throughput is 355,60 MB/min...

Any more suggestions ?

Thanks,
Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back