Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange backup + restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilparkes

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2002
GB
I am using backup within Windows 2000 to back up the storage group on our SBS. I am now trying to restore this backup and its not having any of it! Ive tried stopping the exchange services but this makes no difference. The report says it skips all files. Any ideas where im going wrong? Cheers.

Hi,

Not too sure about thet skipping files bit i have found win 2000 server unreliable at backing up exchange. but there is a tool called xmerge i think it is apart of exchange( you'll have to look for it) what it does is backs up all mailboxes to a .pst file(a pst file for each mailbox), you've got the option to transfer everything over e.g rules calendar etc, then using the same tool you can import back into exchange mailboxes.

Hope this helps

John

n.b make sure you have the correct permissions set on the mailbox store or you will keep on encountering errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back