Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Backup - Files Skipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew26

IS-IT--Management
Oct 4, 2001
GB
Hello,

I am running Exchange 5.5 with Open File Manager, when trying to run a backup I get the following message :

File \exchsrvr\MTADATA\DB00001.DAT is in use. It has been skipped. (I Get about 20 of these files).

Is there anyway I can backup these kind of files, if Not are the important when restoring Exchange.

Best Regards,
Andrew.

The file is probably constantly being updated if the exchange services are running, what version of backup S/W are you running?

Thanks for the reply M4tty,

I am running Arcserve 2000 with Open File Manager.

I am worried that if I need to restore the Server I will be missing some files.

Best Regards,
Andrew.

I would think that stopping the exchange services would enable you to back up the files but of course this probably isn't sensible so can I point you to instead - There should be some more detailed info there relating to this.

I was an Exchange Administrator a while back. The file in use means ether is updating or another user is using the file. I would not worry about it unless it happens all the time. If it dose then look at the file/program and see if is suppost to be in use all the time. It should not be for most programs, you should be able to stop the activity. You may need to update the program or patch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back