Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange backup failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpalmer

Technical User
Feb 27, 2002
US
I'm just getting started on learning Legato and have started to see some daily reports like the one below, dealing with our Exchange Server. Can anyone shed some light on this and what may be causing it. I can provide more information if needed.

Exchange Servers are in a Cluster running MS Windows 2000. Using Legato Networker 6.1.3. The Legato Server is a Solaris box. All backups run through a separate Fiber LAN.

NetWorker Savegroup: (alert) Mailbox completed, 1 client(s) (mail Failed)
Start time: Sun Oct 31 04:00:00 2004
End time: Sun Oct 31 12:13:45 2004
--- Unsuccessful Save Sets ---
* mail:MSEXCH:MB/AABOODI/ 2 retries attempted
* mail:MSEXCH:MB/aagyei/ 2 retries attempted
* mail:MSEXCH:MB/ABAGGETT/ 2 retries attempted

Do you start backup command as user with privileges to Exhcange mailboxes ?

For detailed error report, look on client machine to applogs\nsrxchsv.log (located in Networker client folder, default in \Program Files\Legato\nsr)

I have verified that the account used for Backups has full mailbox privileges. Checking on the log file today.

Here's an update to the problem. If the job is started manually it will run, but if it is allowed to start through the scheduled task, it does not run.

but if it is allowed to start through the scheduled task

may be some environment variable that is loaded when you run the script manualy but it is not loaded y the scheduled script?

take a look to that.

cheers.

You think "started manually" - manually start group, or in Networker User for Exchange server select mailboxes and start ?

Do you found something in NSRXCHSV.log ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back