Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Auto Email File

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonmorovich

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2002
US
This is an odd request I got from one of my users that I can’t seem to find an answer for. Here’s an example: I have emails that I always send to a certain client (say FORD in this example). They lately have been denying that I have been sending any emails and I have deleted my sent items in the folder so I now have no proof. Is there a way that I can send the email to the clients and have the sent item automatically go to a specific folder (FORD) I have set up in Exchange rather than to the sent items folder (I don’t actually care if it goes to the Sent Items, just as long as it goes to the FORD folder as well)? For example if in the TO field I place the person I am sending the email to and in the CC field I could type in the folders name (FORD) and a copy would go there as well.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Rules, pure and simple.
It'll be client-based and rules seem to only be able to copy the item sent rather than move it, but that wasn't one of your concerns.
Simply set up the rule to:
on sent to FORD copy item to [arbitrary folder location]

folder could be a PST or one in the main mailbox, but then again why would you do that if you have a sent items folder? Set up a PST and copy it to a folder there if only for this particular purpose.

cckens

"Not always my best shot, but I hit the target now and then"
-me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back