Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exchange attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

muosman

Technical User
Jul 18, 2003
GB
I'm one silly man I've removed the exchange attributes from all the users in AD. Is there any way of recoving from this?

Any help welcome

\\muos o(-_-)o

Thanks for the info Shanny….. I managed to get my exchange as working again with my users in AD without having to restore AD from system sate. But to be honest I don’t know how maybe someone can fill me in. Why I remove the exchange attributes was because I built a exchange server on the network, which went well, both exchange server where on the network and working. I made the new one master then went to uninstall the old one that’s problem started. I thought that I had to remove the exchange attributes before I could uninstall. After uninstalling and checking the new exchange server I noticed all exchange option within AD where gone. The mail DB was at least that was something I tried reconnecting the mail boxes but the option was greyed out on the new server.

I got some sound help from Shanny but on checking the backup and noticed it had failed so I could not perform the AD recovery as advised.

So I then reinstall the exchange system manager tools on the old exchange server and it let me reconnect the mailboxes WHY? I don’t know enough about exchange to know can anyone explain? I SP2 Exchange Again and it’ all working 100%. I feel like luck was on my side on this one.

\\muos o(-_-)o

You will not see the Exchange related tabs in "Active Directory Users and Computers" unless you have the Exchange enabled version installed (Which is why they appeared again after you installed the Exchange System Management Tools)
I hope it's as simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back