Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Agent Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonhulme

MIS
Jun 23, 2003
AU
Hello,

Is the Exchange agent is not used to backup the exchange data, will the log files still be purged. For example, if i do a file backup of the exchsvr directory across the network.

I'm only asking as i'm having trouble running the exchange backup agent, and the drive that exchange is on is running out of disk space and i do not want to enable circular logging.

When i try to use the exchange agent i get the following error in the backup log -

Failed to read from database. (DBNAME=Directory, EC=ASPEN-FP1:Backup Agent Error -- (68) "Error status is in named pipe.".)

I have tried disabling the antivirus software (InoculateIT)
and also changing the following registry key -
HKLM\Software\ComputerAssociates\ArcserveIT\DSagent\CurrentVersion\dbaexch\usetcp
It was suggested that i change the value from 0 to 1, but it was already set to 1.
I have also restarted the ArcServe RPC service many times.

Thanks for your help

Hi

With ref to E8602 Remote pipe open failed: time-out issue, following informaiton is usefull:

These are common in cases where Innoculate/eTrust AV is running.

- Update the eTrust drivers from the following page:
Note:Drivers update it depend on your Inoculate version
so make sure you select the right one.

- If the above doesn't make a difference,
Go into the Realtime Monitor options, selection tab. Under regular files specify "all except the specified exceptions", and go to edit list, and hit the add button. A file extension with the description "No extension" will
be added. This will force InoculateIT/eTrust AV not to scan named pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back