Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Agent insufficient priveleges

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigeo

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2001
US
I recently upgraded ArcserveIT 6.61 to Arcserve 2000. I installed the new Exchange Database agent on the Exchange server. My backup server is a standalone Windows 2000 SP2. I have installed SP3 on the backup server (Arcserve2000).
I'm using the same account to backup the Exchange server as I did when I was using 6.61. But now the Bricks backup works fine, but the Database backup says insufficient priveleges to do the backup. Check permissions, etc. Any ideas on what would cause this?
Thanks.

I'm having the same problem. E8604 Backup Agent error (331). I have tweaked with everything. I added the Backup operator and the backup account to the necessary security policies with no success. I have not installed SP3 or the exchange update. I have read updating the dll's helps as well. Much help appreciated.

Try getting the backup agent RPC service to log on using the account you;ve specified, and make sure this accounts primary account is domain admins.

Also, if you've applied sp3 to the exchange agent you MUST apply sp3 to ARCserve 2000.

Oh and SP3 is the only ARCserve that fully supports sp1 an sp2 of windows 2000.

It may still work, but then again may have some difficulties.

guru

I get the same message about insufficient priveleges when I try to back up a Sharepoint server, I've installed Arcserve SP3 and set the backup account to be Admin on the local machine and when that didn't work tried the domain Admin with no success. Help.

I've double checked everything. Domain admin. has been the default. Guru, what do you mean log on with the account specified(RPC)? I did test the RPC service with the Rpings.exe utility and it came out good. RPC service works fine. And what is the deal with the ARCserve2K SP's? On the Exchange Server I have SP2 for Win2k Server -- SP1 for Exchange2K. On the ARCserve 2k Server I have SP1 for Win2K server. Is this part of my problem? Do I need to update the servers to the latest SP's, then add latest ARCserve SP's? I'm a believer in "If you don't have to add SP's then don't." Especially when it comes to Microsoft. Thanks in advance.

I've checked and double checked all those things and still get the same errors. I have Windows 2000 SP2 loaded on the backup server. Arcserve 2000 SP3 loaded on the backup server. Windows NT SP6 loaded on the Exchange Server. Exchange 5.5 SP4 loaded on the Exchange Server. Don't find a SP for the Arcserve Exchange Database agent to try. Any other ideas?

Realized SP3 for Exchange agent is part of the total SP3 package. Installed it, still no help.

Finally figured it out!!! Did 2 things, not sure if one or the other or both were needed, but don't want to change now that it works...
On the Arcserve 2000 backup server...went into Arcserve Server Admin and set the Arcserve System Account to the same account that I use to backup the Exchange server. Also, on the backup job set the account to login to the Exchange Server to domain/username instead of just username.

Right on craigeo, I will see if this fixes my problem tonight. Once again, good work and thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back