Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange agent backup questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

danno74

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2002
US
I have Exchange 2000 on a W2K server, with ARCserve2000 on the same machine backing up all our servers on the network, including the local drive (what I thought was true at least). I recently found out that the agent was never installed for Exchange, so I have begun to try and do this. I get up to the part where I enter the mailbox I created for this agent, and i get this:

Failed to add SYSTEM priviledge to the specified account EC=%d EC=1326

I know I need to install a mail program for the agent to use... the only one I have is outlook2000, and I understand that is not compatible from what I've read, correct? Is this is what is causing the error, or is it a permission I setup incorrectly?

Thanks for the assist!

1326 is no sufficient permissions...
what is the service pack level of AS2000 and the Exchange Agent...

Should be at Sp4.
You need not install a Mailclient for a E2k server.

for other details ...check the Exchange 2000 FAQ on this forum

cheers
speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

I am guessing my AS2000 is not SP4, it's version 7.0 build 1018. I looked but cannot find the version of the Exch agent.

You do have a very good FAQ on here, kudos. But I don't recall it mentioning this error in particular.

ARCserve build 1018 is the base build. You need to download
Sp4 from the CA support site and apply it on ARcserve and the Exzchange agent.

This will raise the build of ARCserve to 1100 and the Exchange Agent to 450.
On the ARCserve Backup manager, open File Menu and choose select server. No hightlight the exchange server and click on properties. this will give you the build of the Exchange agent

cheers
Speshalyst
So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

SP4 adds a utility called exchuser.exe in the agent directory which will try to create a new user and mailbox for you to use for brick level. You need to be logged on as a user that can assign permission, so make sure you are logged on as the administrator of the box.

Alright, I installed SP4. I checled the version on AS and it is correct, but when I check the version on the Exch agent, it isn't 450. Does the server need to be rebooted for the change to take affect? I tried to use the exch agent again and got the same error as well.

Dear all

I had the same problem,when i tried to install the Arcserve 2000, even with SP4. I followed exactly whatever written on the instructions coming with the CD, and patched SP4 after that. Howeve, the error message " Failed to get the imformation for the specified account, EC=1326" comes. When i tried to use the exchuser.exe utility to creat an new user, but the newly created user faces the same error message.

Any idea what is the reason, and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back