Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange Admin error ID no: 0xc0020035

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellboy

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2001
GB

I am experiencing the following error:

Microsoft Exchange Admin
The network path was not found
Microsoft Windows NT
ID no: 0xc020035

I have Exchange 5.5 running on a W2k Server. I am connecting to the Exchange Admin from my local machine utiltising Admin.exe. I can connect to the Exchange Admin without a problem. When I go to access a user account I can access however when I click the permissions tab and attempt to add a user I receive the error above. I can remove user permissions without a problem but can not add user permissons.

If I log in on the local server and attempt the same process there is no problem and permissions can be added, therefore it suggests that the problem lies somewhere between my machine/remote admin and the local server, almost a permissions/being unable to access the AD to resolve user names or SIDs. This obviously isn't a major problem as I can work round it but if anyone has experienced the same problem I would be interested to know if they found a solution other than reinstalling the admin.exe utility. There is a microsoft article but it doesn't have a solution and is a little vague to say the least, 'good ol microsoft'

Cheers

Thanks for your help and advice but if you mean article q247407 I've seen it and unfortunately it doesn't really cover the problem as the error occurs once the component is installed and has been working. I think I shall try and uninstall then reinstall the component and see what happens.

Cheers

We had exactly the same problem. On your Exchange server,have you checked in Services that the Remote Registry service is running? Make sure it is - this cured the problem on our system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back