Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 with Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneras

MIS
Mar 29, 2001
US
When trying to connect to my exchange 5.5 server with an Outlook 2003 client I get the following message:

"The action could not be completed. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list."

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Shane

shaneras, I'm having the same troubles. In my case every setting is OK.

* DNS works
* All other settings are the same as the other 20 users, which are working well.

Even when i log on to another PC, this specific person has the same problem. You should say there is a problem with the rights of that particular user on the Exchange server, but that can't be the problem here.

Please let me know if you find out, I will do so too.

... and the mailbox a'm talking about isn't hidden, so this either couldn't be the problem I think.

I see you are new here.
My reply was for shaneras , posting in a thread with a 'me too' kind of problem confuses things, as you notice, so please make you own threads, that does not mix problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back