Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 VPN Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjrocksit

IS-IT--Management
Feb 15, 2008
US
Good Morning All-

I've been hearing complaints from my VPN users that the connection speeds are unstable.

I was watching my connection monitor last night and noticed that with only 8 users connected to VPN there were almost 130 connections to my Exchange Server from VPN users.

I did some quick testing from my laptop/connection and noticed that with every Outlook item I opened Exchange would open a seperate connection over the VPN.

My theory is that the more Outlook items open over VPN, the slower the connection will become due to the increased traffic.

My questions are this: Is this normal Exchange Server behavior? Also, what can I do to allow productivity while keeping connection speeds normal? Is there some way of configuring Outlook to keep the speeds fast?

Thanks-

Jeramie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back