Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 upgrade problems, 5.5 and 2000 can't see each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeeK

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2003
NO
Hi All,

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My Setup - NT4 PDC running Exchange 5.5

Steps taken so far:
Installed a new server with Win2000 Srv in Native Mode. Used ADMT to copy the users form the PDC
Used ADC and created a two-way connection between the Win2000 server and the NT4 server.

This populated the active directory with the exchange details.

Then installed Exchange 2000 using /forestprep and /Domainprep and told it to joined the 5.5 site during install.

When i then try to replicate the public folder using 5.5 administrator i can't see the new 2000 server.

And when i use active directory users and computers and select exchange tasks, I don't get the move mailbox option.

Can anyone offer any help / Suggestions?

Mike.

Although the ADC is working, this is not a DNS /WINS issue is it? [I presume you have a 2 - weay truest and everything configured].

Can you ping each box, IP address and FQDN from one another?

Also is there anything logged in the App log?

Thanks for the suggestions, have given up on that approch. wins and dns were working ok. dcdiag and netdiag all reported ok.

Gone for a exporting and importing pst files.

Oh well... Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back