Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 Mailbox Limits Exceeded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kruge

MIS
May 1, 2006
CA
I have a user who keeps getting messages every day that his Mailbox has exceeded its limit. According to Exchange administrator his Total K is far below the current limit set. The column for Storage Limits also states that the user is "Below Limit". I have also logged into the users mailbox and am unable to find any indications as to what is taking up space for this mailbox. Before you ask, yes I have checked the journal and it is empty and turned off.

The current limit is set for 40000K
Exchange Administrator reports the mailbox is 740K
Exchange administrator reports Deleted Items 20100K
The message the User recieves states the mailbox is over 43000K

The user did report that someone tried to send him 3 13Mb attachments about 2 weeks ago (when all this started) but he never received them and the sender never had a bounce back email either.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

I should also point out that I have users that are at 34000+K that are not receiving the warning emails. I also have users that have 20000K total and 75000K deleted that are not getting the warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back