Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 client licences

Status
Not open for further replies.

grayfray

IS-IT--Management
Aug 31, 2005
GB
Can anyone tell me will exchange 5.5 still work without limitations without any client licences installed, I have a test machine installed with 4 test clients connected to it and everything seems to be working ok, i am not being prompted to install licences or anything???
Thank you in advance

IIRC 5.5 uses the licensing mode of the server that it is installed on so if your server is in per server mode it will accept as many connections as required. If its in per seat mode then the server will stop accepting connections when the licensed limit is reached, and therefore no more clients could connect to exchange until some connections are relinquished.

thanks for prompt reply, how do i put my server in seat mode i am running server 2000.So exchange 5.5 will allow me to just keep adding mailboxes without any limitations?

Do you know if I turn off licencing manager within server 2000 will this cause exchange any problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back