Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 Calendar Permission?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teklow

MIS
Apr 2, 2001
US
Hello,

Exchange5.5 server with 100 users. All of a sudden, everyone can see other people's calendar. I didn't change anything. My understanding is, by default, nobody can see other people's calender unless special permission is given. Is there a policy setting somewhere which govern this? I don't want to give everybody this permission, how do I fix this? Thanks!

Hi

Assuming their not all playing a practical joke, it should be a rights issue. Here is a list of ways that I can think of which will give people rights to each others mailboxes (is it just the calendar which everyone has rights to?):

1. Delegated rights set up from mail client
2. Permission granted to another mailbox set up from mail client
3. Delegated rights set up from Exchange admin - Delivery options tab of each mailbox
4. 'Domain Users' (or similar) group set as owner of each mailbox
5. 'Domain Users' (or similar) group set with permissions in Exchange admin at the Organisation, Site or Configuration context
6. All user ids are members of an administrator equivalent group

Hope this helps

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back