Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chupaco

IS-IT--Management
Aug 28, 2002
BR
Hi All!
I have 4 backup servers in my networks (including Wan and Man) and all of them are installed Arcserve 2000. Backup agent clients are installed in other servers.
I never found any trouble while backuping up data in any server.
Ok, thats the point: I've installed Arcserve 2000 using PC Anywhere in a Wan (remote) server. This server is PDC and Exchange Server (like others in my network).
When I open "Backup" option on Arcserve menu, to make a new job, I can't see my Exchange Server. Is showed only "Local Disk C:", "System State" and "Registry".
If I go throught "Exchange Organization" icon, I can expand and locate all my Exchange Server databases in my organization, but when I attempt to expand this site, I can't see "Microsoft Exchange Server" databases from my remote server. It stops when I expand SERVERNAME.
Now, I have SP4 installed, but either without SP4, not work.
Any ideas??

HI,

Maybe you should try a remote install of ARCserve and manage it from a remote ARCserve manager...

cheers
speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Speshalyst, I've removed ARCserve and followed running a remote instalation like you said, and managed remotely, but doesn't work.
The result is the same as I said before.

Any more ideas??

Tnxs!

HI,

May be i'm wrong ...

silly questions...

have you installed the Exchange agent on the exchange server???

are you going thru the "backup wizard" or the backup manager...

speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back