Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 Backup - "Exchange Store Not Reponding"

Status
Not open for further replies.

olclunk

MIS
Mar 8, 2001
US
I am getting this intermittent problem. I am trying to backup about 20gb of DIR/Info stores daily starting at 10:pm. The program zip thru the Dir store, then sit and die on the Information Store, then gives the "The Exchange Store service is not responding" at various spots - sometimes after 6GB or up to 10GB. At least half of my jobs fail for the week. I think it may be either poor connectivity (100mb Full), or corrupt database.
Any clues or thoughts??? Thanks

I am having the same issue with my Exchange 5.5 server. How did you get it resolved?

Thanks

if Exchange is remote to the backup exec media server:

Check the edbbcli.dll version on your exchange server and compare it to the version on the backup server. If differnt either a) apply the same Exchange SP to the backup server or b) stop all BE services on the media server and copy this file across from the exchange server to the backup server > start all BE services

Cheers
Dog

that did not work, the problem is still continuing to happen.

More details needed

Version of backup exec and OS its installed on ?
Version of exchange ? Exchange SP ? Local or remote ?
Error sporadic in nature or for every backup
Did it work in the past ? If so, did you make any changes be it to hardware or software?
Event Viewers reporting any errors from ESE ?
What have you looked at so far, ie. what technotes have you looked at on the veritas website ?
Any planned maintanence tasks running at the same time of the backup ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back