Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 Audit 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

caseybc

Technical User
Nov 28, 2000
US
I've taken over as net admin on a network with 2 Exchange 5.5 servers running on Windows NT 4.0. I've been thrown into the fire and need to produce a general audit of the messaging environment. What type of things should I be looking for? I am fairly new to Exchange 5.5 which is the understanding of my supervisors but I am still required to gather as much data as possible. I would appreciate any thoughts no matter how basic. Thanks

Org name:
Site name:
Server Name:
Containers name/s:
Usernames, no of messages, size taken.

Summary of priv.edb and pub.edb sizes as reported by NT.

List bridgehead servers, how they fit in with the environment, specs of each Exch server like RAM, HD size, processor, load on each server.

Finish with recommendations like Server A (Marketing) is currently running at 80% processor which therefore needs upgrading. Server B needs more RAM. Bridgehead server is performing adequately. Etc.

Great! Thank you so much Zelandakh.

There's a product I downloaded a trial copy of, although I haven't looked at it yet, called Ecora Documentor for Exchange. I'm going to give it a go on my test server first. The free trial version will document one server only. No idea how much it costs either. Too busy on other stuff at the moment. If you're interested try

Hope this helps

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back