Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2003 maximum size error

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenriz

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2001
Hello, has anyone experienced an issue when your Outlook 2003 OST file reaches 2gb size? The error is 0x8004060c the ost file has reached it's maximum size. You can delete some items to reduce the size. Anyway we did reduce the box to 1.5gb roughly and am still getting this message. Here is the exact error....

"" Task "Microsoft Exchange Server" reported error (0x8004060C): the message store has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this message store, select some items that you no longer need, permanently delete them ""

I have looked for a solution to no avail. I mean in this day and age MS still has to put limits on files?? I could put 2gb on the tip of my finger!! I don't understand. Anyway thanks and if you know of a solution to increase this size, please let me know. Maybe archiving is the key here.

steve

SjrH,

I have the same problem w/Outlook 2K3 exceeding the 2GB size limit. I followed the instructions as per the KB article link you provided. The problem is the registry entries referred to in the article don't seem to exist. It says to edit the following entries:

MaxFileSize
WarnFileSize
MaxLargeFileSize
WarnLargeFileSize

I performed as search for all of them in the registry but they are no where to be found. Any ideas?

This is on an XP Pro machine with Office/Outlook 2k3.

thanks,
Patrick

I haven't been able to figure it out either short of deleting emails. Now I have another user with the same predicament... What a pain!!

Sorry guys - it is not in the above KB link, but somewhere else in the KB is an article that mentions that UNICODE (not UUENCODE) format pst and osts can only be used with Exchange 2003. Exchange 2000, 5.5, and any IMAP/POP can only use ANSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back