Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

zacksack

Technical User
Oct 8, 2001
CA
First off all I dont know much about exchange and Im quite sure that is obvious. I am working for a company that has just updated to office 2000 from 97. All the machines that where on the network are fine and can emal each other no problem. However I installed a new machine and I cant get it to be able to email the other internal machines. I changed the outlook to corporate or workgroup so I could add the services. I added the services and the path to the server which is \\newsusan\Mail\wgpo0000\ all the other machines has this as there address other than this machine which has C:\Mail\wgpo0000. Now I know I have to add a user to this exchange server however Iant figure it out I cant even find the other users on the network. They are all working fine and I have the new machine set up all I need is to know how the heck do I get it set up on this exchange? Thank you for all your help any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Brad

You say that you cannot find the other users in the network. Is this by clicking Network Neighborhood from Windows? If so, is your LAN set up properly? Meaning, are all the drivers for your NIC and your clients set up? What's your client OS? If it's Win 98, then you have to add the Client for Microsoft Networks, and check Log on to Windows NT domain and enter the domain name.

Yes I can see the other users on the network, The new machine I put in I can see and browse all the other machines. However I cant seem to be able to send or receive email from her machine. I went to the server that has the post office and that is where I cant see the other accounts. I know I need to add an account for the new user but darn I cant find out how to do that.

Thank you in advance

You need to use the Exchange Administrator program. It should live on the server that is serving as your exchange box but you can also install it on other boxes so that you could admin it from your own desk without having to go to the actual server.

It's possible that the Admin program isn't running on the actual server but i think that would be pretty wierd. So check you exchange server for a program called Exchange Administrator. In that program you add new mail boxes and you associate the mailbox with an NT account. It's pretty straight forward but I can see how it would be elusive if nobody has ever shown you.

Take a look and see if you see what I am talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back