Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2016 Installing a simple Second server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edu001

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2020
UY
Hi all!

I am trying to install a second Exchange 2016 in an organization that already has one installed.
In step 7 of 14 stop installing with the error that is below.

Any suggestion?

Error:
The following error was generated when it was run "$error.Clear();
if (![String]::IsNullOrEmpty($RoleDomainController))
{
$masSid = add-ManagedAvailabilityServerGroupMember -DomainController $RoleDomainController -ServerName $RoleNetBIOSName
}
": "Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Tasks.CouldNotFindServerDirectoryEntryException: No directory entry found for the server SecondServer.
in Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.ThrowError(Exception exception, ErrorCategory errorCategory, Object target, String helpUrl)
in Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Tasks.AddManagedAvailabilityServerGroupMember.InternalProcessRecord()
in Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.<ProcessRecord>b__91_1()
in Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.Task.InvokeRetryableFunc(String funcName, Action func, Boolean terminatePipelineIfFailed)".

Are you trying to have both servers service the same domain or different ones? Are you going to create a DAG for the current and new server? Are you trying to install this on a DC?

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Hi DrBOb
Thanks for your answer.
Both servers are in the some domain, No DAG, is a just a server client of the DC.
regards

So what is your exact goal of this install? I assume you want both servers to serve mail for the same domain based on what you say above. If you do it in a DAG then you have one database for both servers which will save on overall space and have redundancy. We have our two mail servers in a DAG which resides on our NAS so if either go down the other pics up the slack.

Do you have a MS KB you are following when you say step 7 of 14 is where it is failing? Can you link it here? Does Event Viewer point to any particular error?

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

We are having problems on the eschange server, so the idea was to install a new server, migrate the users to the new database and remove the old server.
On the other hand, the graphical interface of the installation setup stops in step 7 of 14 showing this error, and the event viewer does not show anything other than the same error that I copied above.
regards

If my memory servers me correct, you do not have to do any of the AD stuff when installing the second server. This may be where you are failing. Do you have a KB or article you are following for install or just winging it?

What issues do you have with your current exchange server?

Hi Again,
I'm using the Exchange server prerequisites guide from Microsoft, so, all the KB needed were insalled in the new server, I know that the AD prerequisites there is not necesaries.
The current server was hacked and there are a lot of programs that no longer work, so the idea was to install a new server.

Next week I will try to insatll a new Server 2019 whith Exchange 2019 only to test this possibility.
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back