Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2013 Mailflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

sysadmin2018

Systems Engineer
Sep 5, 2018
ZA
Good Morning

I have migrated from SBS 11 to Exchange 2013

Because of the size of the company they used a pop3 connector to get mail from the ISP and used a smart host.

The smart host is now working properly on the new ex 2013 server. I have managed to get another free pop3 connector for Exchange 2013 (please do not ask why) but that is how the director wants it (yes I know we can let mail flow to exchange directly)I have a receive connector linking the old and new servers during the period of migration

Reason for migration. Server 2010 SBS unstable.

I have added all the user accounts to the POP3 connector on the new server. The POP3 connectors name is POP3Connex as soon as I remove the account from the old SBS pop3 connector no one can receive mail except me (keep in mind I have removed myself from SBS and running solely on Exchange 2013 with the POP3connex with no issues. Is there something with the receive connectors. I have not touched anything there as I am too scared to in case something breaks. The reason they went with exchange is for the calendar and archive and no they made it clear no office 365 as they do not want to pay.

Can someone please assist me or direct me for help. Port forward for 110 is open for the server on the router.

Regards

Roger Stace

System admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back