Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2010 UM lookup question

Status
Not open for further replies.

quinalt

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2008
US
I have a customer (company A) that just began using Exchange 2010 UM for voicemail. They are federated with 20+ other companies (all the users from the other companies appear in the local GAL) ... some of which have the same extensions defined as the the company I'm working with. The issue is best shown with an example:
- Liz @ extension 3001 (an employee with company A)
- Bill @ extension 3030 (an employee with company A)
- Liz calls Bill and leaves a message
- Bill receives the voicemail as an email, however because Jennifer (who is in their GAL due to the federation, but is not an employee of Company A) has extension 3001 defined in her AD Attributes, the voicemail that Bill receives appears to be from the wrong person i.e. Voice Mail from Jennifer (Work) (1 minute and 8 seconds)

I am not sure if this is coming from the GAL or from personal contacts...but is there a way to restrict where Exchange tries to resolve the caller information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back