Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2010 Installation Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

acollard83

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2005
US
I am trying to install Exchange on a freshly installed Windows Server 2008 R2. I keep getting the service msexchangetransport failed to reach status running on this server error. I have taken the steps to disable IPv6, throught the registry following some guides online, but I continue to get errors. Also, this server is a virtual machine running on a VMWare host. That shouldn't cause any issues.

Hey Acollard,
Can you give us more details ? It sounds like you were able to install Exchange but unable to start the msexchangetransport service.
If you are are failing at the installation screen, which role is it failing at mailbox or hub transport?

It's failing at the Hub Transport role. This was all during install.

I've seen a similar issue with Exchange 2007 installation in the lab. somehow, MSexchangeTransport service was trying to talk to Microsoft via internet. In my case, it was a lab VM and i didnt have connectivity.

Maybe you can post the logs up here and we can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back