Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EXCHANGE 2010 DAG replicating only over MAPI network

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgranero2

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2010
ES
I've setup a lab environment using vmware esx to simulate two datacenter dag, using virtual routers.

Two member Exchange 2010 DAG on separate networks With Windows Server 2008 R2. Same Active Directory Site.
Added the two MAPI networks to DAG, FSW on a windows 2008 domain controller.

New-DatabaseAvailabilityGroup -Name DAG -WitnessServer dc1.domain.local -WitnessDirectory C:\QUORUM -DatabaseAvailabilityGroupIPAddresses 192.168.0.1,192.168.1.1

Disabled replication on MAPI networks using EMC.

When I make the 1st database seed over EXCHANGE2, and subsequent updates, all of them goes over MAPI
network instead going over REPLICATION network, same results enabling replication on MAPI network.

Anyone else experiencing this, is this a normal behaviour?. What is the correct way to configure replication network?.

Thanks.

EXCHANGE1
MAPI NETWORK: 192.168.0.1
REPLICATION NETWORK: 172.16.0.1 (IPv4 only, no netbios, no msclient, no default gw)

EXCHANGE2
MAPI NETWORK: 192.168.1.1
REPLICATION NETWORK: 172.17.0.1 (IPv4 only, no netbios, no msclient, no default gw)

Connectivity of replication network using static routes (Firewall disabled, I can ping both servers)
No route to REPLICATION network from MAPI network.

What did you set for New-DatabaseAvailabilityGroupNetwork?

Neill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back