Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

exchange 2010, auto-populate mailbox's in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

micomms

Technical User
Jan 10, 2006
AU
We have Exchange 2010 on SBS 2011 with Win7 x64 workstations.

Have given one user access to 2 x exchange mail accounts directly from Outlook.

However, once I give them 'Full Access' on Exchange, it 'auto-populates' Outlook with the mailboxes, so the mailbox shows up twice in Outlook, and eventually the data file (ost) becomes corrupted.

User needs the accounts setup in Outlook, for signatures and being able to see all the emails in their corresponding account.

Anyone know what the best practise is to get this working, apparently I can turn off 'auto-populate' in Power Shell, but though their must be a simpler way?

The OST isn't getting corrupted due to that.

You can only turn it off in PS using -automapping $false

What about leaving automapping $TRUE, there doesn't seem to be to automatically add a signature to this 'automapped' second exchange account ? Not a big deal to me, but it is to the client.

I don't understand what you mean? Automap is just about putting the account into Outlook which can be achieved in Accounts/Settings/Advanced anyway.
Signature would be set in OWA.

you can amend the following attribute in ad on the mailbox account

msExchDelegateListLink

You can remove the user from the list, this will stop the account automatically being added.

Yes, automap adds to that attribute - false removes it

That can only be done with adsiedit but since the OP wanted a simpler way than PS, I left that option out :)

To clarify:
This particular user has 'Full Access Permissions' to another mailbox, which is fine, and the automapping is fine too.. works perfectly.

The problem is that even though the second mailbox is visible, you can't set the alternate signature to be automatically applied to emails 'Sent As' this second mailbox account, unless I add an actual new account in Outlook (ie. 2 x seperate *.ost files).

Once I add this second account, this user periodically gets a 'cannot access data file' error when trying to send emails, and the email just sits in the Outbox. At this stage I can't say exacly why this happens, but am highly suspicious of a conflict between 'auto-mapping' and adding the second mailbox account simultaneously.

At the moment I have not added the second mailbox account, but am wary of doing so in case the issue re-occurs during the business hrs and I have to delete the profile and re-download the mailbox data (all 12GB worth) which takes quite a while and slows the PC right down.

Remove the automapping and see if that resolves the outbox issue.

On the signature issue, I wasn't aware that you could do that automatically - though you could only use the sig button manually.

hi...in which part of the users property's the custom attribute should be configured?
i went On the General Tab-->Custom attribute and i added the msExchDelegateListLink but the popup is still in effect.

one more question plz...

i have disable the automap with the above attribute but do you know if there is there any attribute i can change in order to hide the additional open public folder?

what i mean...i have chose the 'folder list' for viewing my account so i can also see my public folders...but when i open the second account too, there is an additional public folder which i want to hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back