Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2007 mail flow stats tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamove

IS-IT--Management
May 27, 2003
CA
Hi

Is there a built-in mail flow stats tool/cmdlet for Exchange 2007? Say I want to know how many emails/percent of emails are from Gmail.com or Hotmail.com, stuff like that.

this is a quick yes/no question, no "rtfm" "google it" pls :)

many many thanks

Except both of those would have answered the question.

You could use PowerShell to query message tracking logs and supply some data. The message tracking interface in EMC could give you some rough info as well.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

thanks

I was trying to do get-messagetrackinglog -Sender "*@gmail.com" but looks like it doesn't take wildcard.

but anyway, i was expecting something like ISA server that can generate nice report with pie char which management people are more conviced by.

so i guess the answer is No.

Well, with PowerShell, I suspect you'd have to read all of the addresses into an array, then filter them out. I've seen some scripts that can then send that data into Excel with graphs.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

thank you, Pat!

it is extremely painful with 1000+ users on the system...so i manage to incrase resultsize to dump some addresses into a text file, blank out the "userid@" from the domain names, get it opened in Excel and finally have the pie graph.

but i am not going to do this again without a 3rd party reporting tool...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back