Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 trust relationship issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maritime

MIS
Jan 11, 2001
TT
Hi All

I just setup a new Windows 2003 Domain in which I'm running an Exchange 2003 server. I've set up the appropriate trust relationship between this domain and my windows 2000 domain.

I want to be able to have the users in my W2k domain access the mailboxes on Exchange 2003. thus replacing the current Exchange 5.5 server that I currently run.

Is there anyway I can get Exchange 2003 to allow the users in my W2K domain to access the mail services?

I currently have users in other Windows 2003 domains accessing my Exchange 5.5 Mail server however I can't find a way to do this the other way around.

Please assist.

Katyan

How are you planning on migrating from 5.5 to 2003? You do realize support for Exchange 2003 is ending, right? You've just implemented a version that's two versions old.

What's the need for the new domain?

How big is your org?

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Yes I am aware of what you've pointed out. However this is the route that my company is going.

I do not plan to "migrate" users per say I am going to use exmerge to move the mailbox data. I need my users to continue to be authenticated in my current W2k domain, and have access to their mailboxes in the 2003 domain. I have set my Trust relationships, but I cannot figure out how to set up the mailboxes to use logins from a different domain. This was quite simple in Exchange 5.5

Any suggestions will be welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back