Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exchange 2003 to 2010 somewhat sucsessful but some ?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwaalen

MIS
Oct 11, 2002
US
I just installed 2010 in my 2003 environment and everything seems to be Ok, one question I do have..why when I look at the 2010 management I have 3 Mailbox databases and one public. Do they all need to be mounted, does it matter which one I move mailboxes to?
Thansk much
Clint

Why do you have them? Because they were created. By default, installing a 2010 server will create a mailbox database. Since you're migrating, and 2003 had a PF database, 2010 created one. So why you have two extra databases is not known. If there are no mailboxes in either of them, you can delete them. It doesn't matter which one you move the mailboxes to, but whichever one you use, it has to be mounted.

Keep in mind that these suggestions are overly broad based on the info you supplied. YMMV.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back